The Hauppauge Capture plugin provides a solution for a home security system that captures images based on motion. Although it is name implies that you must use a Hauppauge capture device that is not the case. Any capture device that supports DirectX/WDM is supported by the plugin. Capture devices that use hardware MPEG2 encoding can not record AVI’s or stream video but they will capture still images.
See who has come and gone at your front door or what animal is trashing your flowerbed. You can monitor your premises remotely on the Internet by viewing a live video stream. You can never stop a burglar from their favorite activity, but using this plugin with HomeSeer, you can hand the Police a picture and/or a video recording of the criminal activity.
- Security zones may be created based on motion sensors (or other devices). Whenever motion is detected in security zone and the zones alarm is armed, image(s) and/or AVI’s are automatically captured using the assigned camera.
- Provides the ability to send an email with the last image snapped as an attachment when a capture event occurs. Send an email, including the image, to your cell phone when someone enters your home or garage.
- Provides the ability to start your VCR to record all the action using a ‘Firecracker’ interface and an X10 VCR Commander.
- The HomeSeer device panel provides for security zone arming by setting the zone to ‘Armed’ or ‘Disarmed’. A ‘Main Alarm’ zone is automatically created during initial setup to easily disable image capturing for all zones.
- Camera on/off switching is all performed by the plugin. Each camera has its own image properties including capture file name and image properties.
- Captured images can have the camera name, date and time overlaid on the image in 9 predefine locations with a selectable font size, text color and text background color.
- X10 Ninja camera movement is supported via the camera web page and the streaming web page.
Four web pages are supplied.
- A camera web page (ASP) is included to snap image(s) and/or record AVI for specified # of seconds for any HS camera.
- A web page to view images using thumbnails. Filtering is available based on camera name, date/time of image.
- A web page to view AVI’s using thumbnails. Filtering is available based on camera name, date/time of image.
- A web page to access the streaming engine built into the plugin. Provides the ability to change camera view and change the TV tuner channel for cameras using the TV Tuner. Could be used to watch your home cable TV from any remote location. Streaming includes live video and sound using one of the numerous Windows Media profiles provided.
The help file is installed with this package - Hauppauge_Capture.chm that is installed in the HomeSeer\Help folder.
Support is available from the author at email@example.com or the HomeSeer Hauppauge Capture Message Board
Installation: To install this plug-in, simply select "updates" from the HomeSeer Help menu and install the plug-in from the updater.