- Easy, trouble-free USB connection
- Control INSTEON and X10 devices from compatible HA software
- Interface supports INSTEON extended messages
- Supports 1,000+ links
The USB INSTEON PowerLinc Modem is a USB-based home automation interface that allows PC- and hardware-based automation controllers to control INSTEON-compatible lights, appliances, heating/air conditioning systems and alarm systems directly via the INSTEON network. The dual-band interface sends and receives both powerline and radio frequency (RF) INSTEON signals, so it doubles as an Access Point. This makes it ideal for new INSTEON installs and if have or plan to use an RF-only INSTEON-compatible remote, thermostat, motion sensor and contact sensor. The RF signal can bypass electrical noise or attenuation near the PC and it pulls many of the "distant" INSTEON devices one hop closer, which can expand the size of potential installations into even larger homes and commercial buildings.
- Built-in Dual-Band with RF function, acts like an Access Point for phase bridging and RF to/from power line
- 1023 links (compared to around 800 links previously)
- Added a beep sounder
- Red/Green LED light
- Supports faster reading and writing of the PLM's database by another controller
- Much lighter weight
- No pass-through outlet
Please Note: The controller connected to the USB INSTEON PowerLinc Modem must remain powered on and running the controller program connected to the controller or host at all times of usage. Additionally, the dual-band interface does not supply power to external devices.
- Interface - USB
- Modes of Operation - INSTEON only, x10 only, INSTEON and X10 Combo Mode
- Supply Voltage - 120 Volts AC +/- 20%, 60 Hertz, single phase
|Downloads (Manuals / User Guides / Software)|
- PowerLinc Modem - INSTEON USB Interface (Dual-Band)
- Quick Start Guide
- USB Cable - Type B to Type A
- HomeSeer HS2 or HSPRO
- Mark Sandler Insteon PLM Plug-in
|Related Links (Photos / Videos / Diagrams / Forms)|
|Comments / Notes|
|Important Note: This PowerLinc interface is not compatible with HouseLinc 2 Desktop Software.|
(based on 1 review)
Showing 1 Review:
by Paul B pbibm|
Speed, ease of use, bridges the x10 gap
I have a lot of x10. When I added a lot of dimmed low voltage lighting a few years back, I went with insteon inline linc modules... 2 way x10 and the promise of insteon.
Until today, I had been running on an ocelot. The switch over was easy, follow the instructions. I had to put an x10 4827 boosterlinc at the panel, usb cable length 15'... PCS05, +35'. It works fine.
I have RCS TX10B and 15B Therms, extended command set works. I bought Mark Sandlers Insteon interface, though only using x10 right now. There are not x10 settings to look at or adjust, just watch the event messages.
Speed..OMG, USB over Serial is new world for me. I'm sure that goes up with native insteon. Now, I can slowly move into the insteon world. Spinklers next.
Needing the 4827 boosterlinc and also limits on the x10 event commands (no ALL UNITS ON and ALL LIGHTS OFF?) keeps this from a perfect 5.
Having looked at the 2414 and 2412.. this 2414U is the way to go for insteon
Review and Rate this Item