by Paul B pbibm|
Flexible, programmable wall unit... more than it seems
These devices are elegant and highly functional. After 10 years of trying to get x10 100% functional and not making it, I broke down and spent the money to do it right. While expensive, IT WORKS. It works well. And for the low voltage lighting project I used these on, it saved a couple thousand in rewiring.
- Replaces a standard 1 gang decora switch with a local and insteon remotely controlled on off switch
- Adds 4 programmable insteon transmitter switches that can control other insteon and X10 devices
- Can be programmed to simulate multi way- I have 3 switches at 3 entrances that all do the exact same thing.
- Its an RF bridge module, so that a separate unsightly "wall wart" relay module is not required
- If you are migrating from X10, these offer you a bridge until you are ready. They work with X10 and Insteon at the same time
- Its not cheap, however consider its a switch, a programmable 4 to 8 button transmitter and a RF bridging module