The SIP plugin is a bit like the HomeSeer phone plugin. Instead of using an analog telephone line and a voice modem, you need a SIP voice over IP account, and the telephone calls are flowing through your broadband internet access.
With the SIP plugin and a SIP account, your Homeseer computer can place and answer calls, can play and record wav files, speak and recognize DTMF tones... but you don't need any voice or analog modem !
You can build all kinds of interactive menus using the HomeSeer VB.NET scripting engine, and interact with HomeSeer devices the way you like. The sip_home_control.vb script shows how to turn ON/OFF HomeSeer devices, or get HomeSeer device status.
- Supports registering several SIP Voice over IP lines.
- Supports line registration to several SIP proxies.
- Handles several calls simultaneously
- Supports inbound and outbound calls
- Text to speech
- Playing and recording wav files
- Inband and OutOfBand (RFC2833) DTMF detection
- Integration with HomeSeer contact-list (Names, phone numbers, ring count before answer, announce caller, hangup on this caller)
- Caller-id announcements through HomeSeer Speaker.
- Can transfer a call to any contact in the HomeSeer phone contact list.
- Integration with HomeSeer phone answering machine (reading your messages)
- Integration with homeseer phone mailbox (HS 2.1.154+ required to leave a message in a mailbox).
- Full HomeSeer event support (triggers / conditions / actions)
- Script API to place calls from your scripts.
- Script API to check line registration status
- As the plugin is 100% driven by HomeSeer scripts, you can easily customize the sample IVR and build your own IVR scripts.
- A problem setting-up the Voice over IP Connector ? Ask your questions on the forum here
- You don't know what is Voice over IP ? You think it's not for you ? You have a broadband internet access ? You should try VOIP by following this 100% free tutorial
- You want more ? You want to customize the sample scripts ? See the plugin API here
NOTE: SIP Connector requires HSPhone software for support of address book and answering machine features. If you want these features and already have a license for HSPhone, purchase the plug-in unbundled for $39.95 from http://store.homeseer.com/store/SIP-Connector-HSPhone-Bundle-P281.aspx