UltraCID is a HomeSeer 2.2 plug-in that adds caller ID functionality to HomeSeer. Simply specify the communications port of your caller ID modem from the options web page and restart HomeSeer. The plug-in will then connect to the modem, enable caller ID, then log all incoming calls to the database. The plug-in will also manage a single entry for the caller in the database which tracks total calls and last call timestamp. In addition, you can override the caller name field to display a custom name in the caller log web page.
How It Works:
- The plug-in connects to a caller ID capable modem and logs each call to an underlying database.
- A caller log web page displays callers based on date range and can filter based on caller name.
- A caller details web page displays call count, last call timestamp and the caller ID display name (which can be modified).
- UltraCID supports most Conexant PCI and USB modems.
- Supports HomeSeer triggers based on caller local and extension pick-up (if supported by your modem).
- Logs all calls to an OLEDB aware database.
- Web page supports caller log filters and caller summary.
- Ability to block callers based on name or number using regular expressions.
- Currently supports Microsoft Access 2003 (database included), Microsoft SQL 2000 and Microsoft SQL 2005.
- Ability to open and close database connections while plug-in is running.
- Debugging output to troubleshoot database connection issues.
- Ability to specify custom connection strings.
- Ability to purge caller data after a specified number of months.
- Error Try/Catch logic to ensure plug-in doesn't fail with an unhandled exception.
- Ability to specify HomeSeer user roles (admin, guest, normal, local) that can access the web page.
- Written in VB.Net 2008, 100% managed code.
HomeSeer HomeSeer Triggers:
- UltraCID Incoming Call
- Any Caller
- Blocked Caller
- Business Caller
- Family Caller
- Friends Caller
- or any previous caller ...
- UltraCID OnRing
- Local handset on/off hook (if modem supports voice mode)
- Local phone extension on/off hook (if modem supports voice mode)
Modems Test with UltraCID:
- Rosewill RNX-56USB Conexant Hardware Based 56Kbps USB (Plug & Play) V.92 PCI Date/Fax/TAM modem
- Zoom Model 3025 V.92 56K-PCI Modem 56 Kbps V.92 PCI FaxModem
Quick Start Documentation: http://www.automatedhomeonline.com/HomeSeer/hspi_ultra1wire/quickstart_ultracid.htm
Please see the announcement for screenshots and more information.